Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Introductions

Let us begin simply. I am Ganellon, and you are my audience, real or imaginary.

My intention here is to reclaim what has been lost. In battling a particularly insidious illness, both my mental and physical abilities have suffered substantially. Symptoms of this illness include memory loss and difficulty concentrating. Words often escape me, and I stop talking mid-stream because I simply can't produce the word that was trying to fall out of my mouth. I hope that writing my thoughts down will help me in some way, and I am going to write those thoughts here.

I am much more hopeful about my mental recovery than I am about my physical recovery, and while I have no expectation that either will come to fruition, I am making an effort. The priority I place upon my intellectual recovery should come as no surprise. What use is a physical body without a mind to compel it to worthwhile pursuits? Much more worthy is the mind that functions at a fantastic level, even when trapped in a body that is useless. It is with this conviction that I have undertaken to reeducate myself in areas where I was formerly versed.

I will not bore you with the details of my study, but will say the topics are numerous, and of classical origin. With the rudiments again in hand, the rest will hopefully find a natural place in my recollections, and I might regain some of my former self.

For now, I will say no more. Rest, friend. The days ahead are long.

No comments: